Yesterday was a bright and sunny 75 degrees. C had the day off so we went out to the farm to do some work. He worked on drainage for the hole so that the dirt can dry faster. Once it’s dry we will flatten it out, put in the pipes, and add all the gravel.
We also worked on the bees. We checked on them to see where the queen was to make sure we didn’t have to rotate the brood boxes, checked on the beetle activity (we didn’t find any which is pretty amazing), and put the super back on. Which means that officially it’s spring for us!!!! By the end of April we need to have 4 more supers on our hive. We also need to have a few extra boxes around for hives that swarm.
We also got to have a picnic with cookies and juice boxes: